You have just made one of the biggest purchases of your life… your dream car.
You leave the dealership filled to the brim of information regarding your new car warranty, as well as the upkeep and maintenance of your new vehicle; but was everything they told you, actually what it seems?
Today we want to explore the information that dealerships give you regarding your new car warranty and determine what is fact and what is actually fiction.
On most occasions you will be made to believe that you must have your new car serviced at the dealerships to maintain your new car warranty. This is generally where they catch you and lock you into expensive services despite their empty promises (more on this later).
It is important to know and remember that where you service your car is 100% up to you and not up to the dealership. Despite what the dealerships hint, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) have confirmed that your warranty WILL NOT be void if you get your car serviced elsewhere.
There are however a couple of things to consider if you choose to go elsewhere for your service.
1. The service centre must meet the manufacturers guidelines for the logbook service.
2. The technicians must be qualified to carry out the service
3. The service centre must only use quality parts to keep the warranty intact.
State of the art diagnostic tools are also a must with servicing new cars, especially as vehicles and their technology very rapidly develops.
For more information on new car warranties, check out this video from Repco.
But, what happens if your dealership promised you capped-price servicing on your new car?
First and foremost, your capped price service is usually built in to the upfront cost of your car. So even though you may think that you are getting a good deal with your servicing, you’ve usually already covered their costs during your car purchase.
Most of the time the fine print will indicate that your capped price service is subject to change. So this cost could change at any time, which completely voids the whole idea of capped price!
Another thing, is that a capped price service usually only covers a basic service. So anything additional, including items suggested by your logbook at certain intervals, would be charged at an additional cost.
As a Repco Authorised Service (RAS) centre, Motive Mechanical is completely qualified to service your new vehicle and maintain your logbook schedule, even whilst the car is still within its warranty period. We are proud to use Ryco Oil filters for all of our logbook and premium services, as they guarantee that their parts meet warranty standards. We also use high quality Penrite oil, as well as having access to some of the best diagnostic tools in the industry.
So, why else should you come to Motive Mechanical to maintain your new car?
- We offer nationwide warranty on all of our work
- We offer free roadside assist to all logbook and premium services (read about it in our last blog post on car breakdowns)
- We do a 65 point check inspection during your service and provide you with a detailed report
- We have courtesy vehicles to make your day easier
- We have an amazing waiting room complete with a conference desk, lounges, coffee machine, televisions, vending machine and free wifi.
- You are supporting a local family owned business.
- We give a more personable and personalised experience
DID YOU KNOW?
Here at Motive Mechanical, we can service every make and model of car found in Australia, including European brands?
So, you don’t need to have any concerns of having your new car serviced here at Motive Mechanical. You can rest easy, knowing that your warranty will be protected. Book in your car today!